Have you ever had to input the same entry month after month for the same customer or vendor? I know from experience it can be a real hassle. Having said that, Intuit the makers of QuickBooks Online have eliminated that monotonous task in four easy steps.
- For a specific customer, click Create Invoice next to the customer’s name and an Invoice Window pops up.
- Completing the invoice form is fairly straightforward. Choose the Customer
- Select the Invoice Date and Due Date
- Select the Product/Service
- Enter a Quantity
- Enter a Rate also known as price
- Select the appropriate Sales Tax Rate
8. Select Make Recurring located at the bottom of the screen
9. Select Save template. The nice thing about this process is the invoice will be automatically generated on the same day each month that you assigned it.
In your business, you may have expenses that recur monthly like insurance, rent, utilities, etc. Instead of typing these expenses in every month, just like in recurring invoices, you can make this recurring as well.
This will save you the time in inputting the same information repeatedly. Everyone knows that time is money. This is especially true when doing your own books.
If you are a professional bookkeeper, anything to speed up the task is a good thing to know. This will free up your time to work on another client’s file. I have found this method to be extremely helpful.
To create a recurring expense,
- Click the Create + menu
- Click Expense
- Select a Supplier
- Enter the Date
- Select Payment Method
- Select an Account
- Write a Description
- Select the Sales Tax Rate
- Click Save and Close
Mathew enjoys helping small businesses in the construction and landscaping industry straighten out the books. If you just can’t bring yourself to do your own books anymore, contact mathew at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 289-500-1978